Monday, November 18, 2013

Wallpaper Skirt


Lately I've found myself drawn to fabric that looks like old wallpaper. I thought that this was beautiful when I first bought it, and then, as I was sewing the hem, I thought, "Well goodness, this looks like wallpaper in a Victorian bordello." For a second this perturbed me, but then I decided that I liked it all the more for this and happily finished hemming, and then proceeded to wear this skirt all the time.
I added the bow to this blouse when I first paired it with the skirt, and it has been living there happily ever since.

I had admired these shoes for a while on ModCloth, and then ended up finding them at a local factory outlet store for $15 less! Hooray hooray!
(Also, say hi to Calliope the Cat!)

Blouse: TJ Maxx
Skirt: Made by me, fabric from Hancock Fabrics
Shoes: Factory Connection, but you can find them here.
Ribbon: The Paper Sandbox on Etsy


3 comments:

  1. Lovely skirt!! And it looks too adorable with your beribboned blouse. I have such a strong affinity for "Victorian wallpaper" fabrics; they're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This outfit is beautiful! I love that skirt, and what a score to find those shoes for cheaper (I have them in mint)! SO lovely.

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lace top and the unusual (but lovely) combination on orange and red! Also your black cat. :)

    ReplyDelete