Friday, June 21, 2013

Feather boas are a girl's best friend


On Monday night, I got to put my beloved feather boa and a beautiful gown to use for appearing as a Lovely Assistant to the announcer of an awards ceremony put on by the theatre in my hometown. In this girl's opinion, feather boas are probably the greatest accessory ever invented. They're just so darn GLAMOROUS! I found this beauteous dress on eBay last fall and bought it to wear in a show that I was costuming. I borrowed the jewelry from my mother (she has a truly impressive collection of sparkly things--the woman is an inspiration, I tell you!) 
I didn't get any pictures while it was light outside, so please excuse the strange shadows, etc. that are a result of relying on my parents' porch lights to get some outfit pictures. 






Photo credits go to my lovely sister Gwendolyn, who looked absolutely smashing and took home an award for her performance in the theatre's production of "Fiddler on the Roof"!



1 comment: