Monday, February 18, 2013

Sunny Stripes and Princess Leia Hair

Helloooooo! Today was SO pretty outside... bright and sunny and ALMOST warm enough to get by without a coat! ...Almost. So I was in a pretty happy, dance-down-the-street-ey mood, which was magnified by the fact that my hair looked kind of like this lady's:

Which, I'm sure you'll agree, is a pretty exciting event.
I found the hair tutorial here at Scathingly Brilliant, an abso-stinkin-lutely ADORABLE blog that I just discovered on Saturday and immediately fell in love with.
Without further ado, here is the rest of today's outfit!

...ta-da!

I made the dress from this pattern right before I left for Belgium. I'd seen the fabric lots of times before and was crazy about it, and then one day IT WENT ON SALE and there was much rejoicing/purchasing. The sweater is from a consignment store called Urban Attic in Louisville, the belt is from Target, and the bracelets are from here and there and everywhere.
Have a beautiful day!

7 comments:

  1. I have always loved Leia's hair but never thought it could look so good with a vintage look! Love it, so pleased to have found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll see if I can work her famous cinnamon roll buns into an outfit someday, haha. Thank you for following! =]

      Delete
  2. Love your hair, cute outfit.

    tulip-agate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable are you! The print on that dress is so exuberant (and I'm always completely in awe of gals who sew their own clothes; I'm slowly learning more about sewing, but I'm not quite there yet).

    ReplyDelete